Tuesday, June 7

16 to 17.

Wein here.

Days before I turned 17, I did not know how to digest the fact that I was leaving the 'sweet sixteen' phase behind me. But before I knew it, the clock struck twelve and my age notched up a level.

On Friday, I was informed through a Facebook message that my class was holding a holiday celebration party at lunch time the next day. I went to school, bringing only party tissues in my bag. Excitement was palpable when I entered the all-too-familiar classroom. Holiday spirit had finally arrived, despite the fact that that day was not our last day of school - Monday was.

Classes that we'd had were 'empty classes'. Lessons were taught half-heartedly, with students' ears floating around, not concentrating. My classmates even sang me the birthday song every period, which I appreciated very much. <3 P.E. was fun, played netball, broke a finger. English lesson, our teacher was responsible for bringing our school debate team for a competition, so a relief teacher came. She let us go early at the end.

Party time! Foods, drinks & camera out! About 20 minutes into it, the fans were switched off, the door was opened, and there came a birthday cake with lit candles on it. A birthday song sounded again, but this time, it was different. It was a surprise, planned especially for me. :)

Thank yous again, 5E. For everything.
Best 17th birthday I could ever hope for.






4 comments:

Atiqah H. said...

YOU BROKE A FINGER? ASDFGHJKL. Y U NO TELL ME.

Chian Wein said...

haha! that's cause i don't see any reason why i should. :p it's okay, no biggie.

Atiqah H. said...

Of course its a biggie! (lolwhut) and I was encouraging you to play... With A BROKEN FINGER. ADGHJADGJKLADFBHJ. Can't forgive myself. That musta hurt like hell.

Chian Wein said...

it was no one's fault! ;)