Tuesday, July 6

Winter break

Hellooooo world :) I know, it's about time that I should do a little update, been MIA really, ever since I got back from the warmness. teehee. But hey, I flew off the day after exams, with the persistent after-exam lethargy. I'm surprised that I didn't fall ill or get that whole-world-spinning drowsiness, on the contrary, I was more energised than ever! Thanks to the awesome weather in Gold Coast :) It brought back good childhood memories of mine, and the funniest part was, how amazingly tiny the rides looked now. lolies.

We spent the first two nights of our Aussie trip at Brisbane/Queensland (which I assumed it's how we always name 'Dunedin' as Otago). Stayed at YHA backpackers, on a hill near the train station. Although it may not be the most happening street, it serves the best breakfast :)

Nice atmosphere at Drifter's cafe
In just one day of exploring Brisbane, I'd say that it is way more happening than Dunny. well in terms of its high-rise buildings and Auckland-like streets. Not a city-girl at heart so, Dunny is still the best place to study. But definitely worth visiting the University of Queensland, it's such a pretty placeeeeeee. hehe thanks to ZS and TJ as our tour guides.

The day after, we headed off to Gold Coast which is an hour away from Brisbane by the express train. Surfer's Paradise is such a beauty, the view from our hotel room gave us the right kind of vacation feel that we were looking for! haha and of course, the next three days were dedicated to each of the three theme parks that we opted for: Movie World, Sea World and Dreamworld. Pictures on facebook.

This, I love the most! EPIC. (from movie world)
Weighed myself the other day and realised I gained 2kgs! (after all the math and hassle of trying to figure out if the weighing scale readings are right :p) We practically had dessert every single night, Max Brenner's chocolate, Cold Rock ice cream, Igloo yoghurt ice cream, random supermarket vanilla custard thing, you name it! The banana macadamia cake from Bris is on the top of my list, and it's definitely something that I'll crave. oh and, the second would be CHURROS. nom nom nom. Now I guess we shall name this trip an adventure to the food paradise. HAHA.

Don't ask how much I've spent for this entire trip 'cause I seriously do not know the exact amount. On another note, this trip made me realised how cold Dunny is. lol. If you survived just a year of winter here, what are you waiting for? Join the South Pole expedition! hahaha

4 more days till uni starts. I gotta make full use of this term break. gahhhh. Alrighty, I better shower and get organised! ciaoooo.



No comments: