The Food Fest was crazy. No, i mean, CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! GOODNESS ME, the crowd was insanely huge. I couldn't believe my own eyes. And, the coupon queue was unimaginably long. I just couldn't help it but FROZE at the sight of the crowd. Well not exactly but partly because of the near zero degree out there.
Our booth was as hectic as you could ever imagine. The menu of the night was Ayam Masak Merah, Babujah (banana fritters with either strawberry jam/peanut butter with kaya or chocolate filling), bergedil (sp?) and Roti John. The rest were all SOLD OUT except for the bergedil and babujah due to some technical issues that made life so much harder. They had to heat up the food somewhere else and bring them back over. sighs, long story...
Sorry no pictures. hehe Too busy for shot-snapping, plus, I've got hairnet and apron around me so that'd wouldn't be a decent picture anyway :p
Nonetheless, I had tonnes of FUNNNN although,
1. We didn't get to go for the free Ferris wheel ride, well except for SY.
2. We had to skip dinner, again, except for SY.
3. I had to be separated from YH! lol yes, she became the chef of the night after the shortage of staff :p, deep frying the forever on-demand Babujah in the Clubs and Socs building, while I was cracking eggs, mixing mince meat, selling out Roti John and collecting coupons in the cold! Well not alone, the seniors were giving instructions. hehe
4. We headed back to Cumby at 11pm and I, being the lucky one, had 8am lecture the next day.
Anyways, It was absolutely rewarding :D No second thought on helping out and working with the fellow Bruneians next time!
Found a picture that looks kind of like the atmosphere last night :D
No comments:
Post a Comment