Monday, July 23

Drive

I took a 'break' from my revision and watched 'Drive'. It is highly recommended in so many websites so I thought, why not? Ten minutes into it and I already felt like clapping my hands. No trailer needed, no synopsis, I dove straight into the movie. When it ended, a part of my being died with the movie. It brought me to a whole new place, and I don't think I can ever go back to where I was before.


It's a book-adapted film so here's the review that I truly agree with:

"Admittedly, I didn't even know James Sallis existed until I saw the trance inducing, hyper-violent, awkward Ryan Gosling character piece of a film. It captivated me enough to dig to its roots. What I found was Sallis' equally violent, equally somber novella of the same name lying there waiting for me to breeze through its sparsely worded pages and refresh the satisfaction I felt after seeing the movie, while I waited for the DVD release."

PS; Someone please buy me the book.

1 comment:

CM said...

Never heard of this movie but judging from the picture, I think it's my kind of movie :p haha

Imma check out if they have the book here when I go jalan jalan one day!