Wein here.
Today = fun.
I glided through today's non-stop, fact-feeding morning in the school's auditorium: A Level subjects briefing. I thought it was rather strange to see and listen to the speeches delivered by your conventional, everyday teachers - those you always pass by in the hallways, with the shy smiles, yet you'd never grasped what subjects they teach. Some conveyed their messages in ways that showed their undying passion for their subjects, while others tried so hard to convince the audience to opt for theirs.
There was this particular History teacher, who made me cringe and wince, when he came up and exhibited his passion towards what he teaches. I don't know but, throughout his time on stage, he looked like he was about to sprint, jump and leap across the air - in that particular order. His PowerPoint slides even included cartoon characters talking using extended speech bubbles, which held irrelevant content to History. Yeah, man's got tough love for History. No pun intended.
I already knew what subjects I wanted to take before I stepped into the hall, so I just jotted down the extra information that could not be found in the booklet. I was confident that General Paper was the paper, out of two, that I will be sitting for next year. But when the English teacher briefed us on her subject, I was somehow, somewhat, deeply intrigued by it. Now, I am sitting here, and considering taking English instead of GP.
PS; Jie, everyone wants Psych/Socio subjects to be offered in MS. Come back and give them advises and directions as to how OTAGO is awesome for it. :p Convince them that they don't need to TRANSFER SCHOOL.
5 comments:
Whaaaat not Brunei Times? lololol
Which subjects are you choosing?
I'll update about today... tomorrow maybe. If Time lets me. :) this is a topic I'd gladly rant and voluntarily freak out about.
wait for part II. :p it was too awesome to be written in words.
i'm taking the subjects required for my ambition. :).. if you still remember what i want to be, that is. i mentioned it in my intro speech earlier this year. LOL.
yeahh i know right. i'm freaking out, reading the tweets about this life-changing decision.
woooohoooo it's exciting just reading about it :) haha hope you've made up your mind about the core subjects. As for english, although it's not an easy paper, some dropped out midway, and struggled to get a decent grade, i'd say got for it if you have the passion :)
psyc...whoahhh really? AWESOMENESS :D hehe I will work my magic this summer! Promised ck siti already last summer, we'll give a short talk just like we always do to all other sixth forms. tell them to STAY IN MS, plus, I came to uni without a psyc a level ;)
oh oh, mind giving me a slight clue to the name of the history tcher? hehe a guy yes...?
choosing the subjects was a pain in the arse! my goodness. i hate decision-making. 'cus mummy kept saying that, according to her friend (Mr. Kifiri's wife), that Med requires Physics.. and i'd never been told of that.
yessss really!! i can estimate that there are at least TWO students from each class who wants to take Psych. ohhh yeeeahh. i'll inform them about that. :p
uhmmmm. i don't know his name! aha. he's bald. and not old. has a weird accent.
Post a Comment