Friday, January 29

Civic course

Paddy field in Temburong. The scorching hot sun at noon.
Kids hanging out.

Fancy temburong slippers made out of coconut shells. WOOOOTS.
Murut welcoming dance.
Lunch at the waterfront! YH trying out ambuyat *the look on her face*

With the Brisbane-ians, Geok Yin, Mung and Zyan :)

Been annoyingly exhausted since the first day, getting up early and spending practically FOUR WHOLE DAYS out exploring Brunei. Overall, the taklimats were... one word, INFORMATIVE, yet such a bore to be honest *snores* Bored to the point that I tallied the number of "anu" that the speaker unconsciously blurted out. 210+ "anu" yohhhh in like half an hour. SERIOUSLY.

So I stepped onto Temburong for the second time on the second day of the course :) Good old memories. The same old boat ride that left my face stinging, due to uncontrollable wind and... hair all over the place. lol. Remember the jetty that we got on after the boat ride, it's been transformed into a TERMINAL. haha. impressive! Then off we went to the paddy field and had a small tour around villages.

The remaining days were dedicated to MIB talks, trip to the legendary Lapau, Pusat Dakwah Islamiah, Jabatan Bandaran and of course, the cert awarding ceremony yesterday. I'd say that these four days felt like two days worth of Brunei's unknown treasure and it's development cramped into one small brain. Too much detail of the governance system that I reckoned that none would actually understand, let alone remember for the rest of our lives. Hrmmmm. Anyhow, I had a great time meeting new people and seeing THEM again before we all leave to Dunedin.

My official holiday starts today! CNY shopping and being a LAZYBUM at home. hehehe.

No comments: